Listen on Libsyn / Subscribe to the Show
This week we are excited to welcome Alberto Caballero, host of the Exoplanets YouTube channel, to the Weekly Space Hangout. In November 2020, arXiv published his (non-peer reviewed) paper in which Alberto indicates he has narrowed down the source of the August 1977 WOW! signal, and has potentially identified the star where it originated.
Alberto Caballero is a science communicator and host of The Exoplanets Channel. He also coordinates the Habitable Exoplanet Hunting Project, a program intended to find habitable exoplanets, and the SETI Project, aimed at finding extraterrestrial intelligence.
This Week’s Journalists and Their Stories
- Dr. Brian Koberlein: There’s No Way to Measure the Speed of Light in a Single Direction;
- Dr. Kimberly Cartier: Space is Darker Than We Thought it Was;
- Molly Wakeling: Looking Forward to Perseverance | Hayabusa2 Update: Asteroid Sample Returned to Earth; Additional Story.
The Weekly Space Hangout is a production of CosmoQuest. Here are some specific ways you can help:
- Subscribe FREE to our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/cosmoquest
- Subscribe to our podcasts Astronomy Cast and Daily Space where ever you get your podcasts!
- Watch our streams over on Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/cosmoquestx – follow and subscribe!
- Become a Patreon of CosmoQuest https://www.patreon.com/cosmoquestx
- Become a Patreon of Astronomy Cast https://www.patreon.com/astronomycast
- Buy stuff from our Redbubble https://www.redbubble.com/people/cosmoquestx
- Join our Discord server for CosmoQuest – https://discord.gg/X8rw4vv
Don’t forget to like and subscribe! Plus we love being shared out to new people, so tweet, comment, review us… all the free things you can do to help bring science into people’s lives.