Listen on Libsyn / Subscribe to the Show
Joshua is the longtime Curator of the Cradle of Aviation Museum, a major Air & Space museum on Long Island, in the greater New York area. He has been curator there since 1982 and has entirely developed the collection and the exhibits for them.
The museum focuses on the history of aviation and spaceflight as it relates to Long Island, covering its contributions, manufacturers, events, and personalities. Thus they have assembled a collection of 75 aircraft and spacecraft, most of them locally produced.
Josh is also the author of 20 books on aviation & space history, including two on the Grumman Lunar Module program. He has made numerous appearances on TV on the History, Science, & Discovery channels, as well as on others, as an “Aerospace Historian.” He is also pleased to appear on the Weekly Space Hangout!
This Week’s Journalists and Their Stories
- Dr. Kimberly Cartier: Summer(ish) Satellite Milestones: BepiColumbo, Lucy, JWST, & Landsat-9 (+DART and S.K.’s Nuri);
- Dr. Alex Teachey: Evidence of the First “Circumtriple” Planet;
- Chris Carr: The Milky Way Diagnosed with a Broken Arm.
The Weekly Space Hangout is a production of CosmoQuest. Here are some specific ways you can help:
- Subscribe FREE to our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/cosmoquest
- Subscribe to our podcasts Astronomy Cast and Daily Space where ever you get your podcasts!
- Watch our streams over on Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/cosmoquestx – follow and subscribe!
- Become a Patreon of CosmoQuest https://www.patreon.com/cosmoquestx
- Become a Patreon of Astronomy Cast https://www.patreon.com/astronomycast
- Buy stuff from our Redbubble https://www.redbubble.com/people/cosmoquestx
- Join our Discord server for CosmoQuest – https://discord.gg/X8rw4vv
Don’t forget to like and subscribe! Plus we love being shared out to new people, so tweet, comment, review us… all the free things you can do to help bring science into people’s lives.