Listen on Libsyn / Subscribe to the Show
This week we are thrilled to be joined by astrophotographer Ian Lauer. Ian is an astronomer and astrophotographer with a passion for public speaking and sharing the wonders of the night sky with the public. He has worked with telescope manufacturers and retailers around the world to building telescope systems for private and professional observatories, astrophotographers, government projects and educational institutions.
Ian has a knack for making people laugh and he incorporates this skill into transforming what can often be dry and dull science topics into fun and exciting concepts. Whether he’s speaking in front of thousands of people or one-on-one, Ian’s passion and energy always shines through regardless of the delivery medium, be it podcasts, stage talks, or TV shows.
In addition to astronomy, Ian’s other passions include backpacking, camping, and particularly metal music. According to Ian: “I’ve spent decades attending live metal music events, always in search of up and coming musical artists. I have and will continue to support and promote artists from the metal scene, both big and small. The joy of discovery knows no boundaries, and music is no exception.”
You can learn more about Ian and how to register for his astrophotography workshops by visiting his website.
This Week’s Journalists and Their Stories
- Dr. Morgan Rehnberg: JWST Suffers an “Incident” | NASA Launches the DART Mission;
- Pamela Hoffman: Stellar Events in December | Tried to see DART – Marine Layer or Something Interfered!
The Weekly Space Hangout is a production of CosmoQuest. Here are some specific ways you can help:
- Subscribe FREE to our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/cosmoquest
- Subscribe to our podcasts Astronomy Cast and Daily Space where ever you get your podcasts!
- Watch our streams over on Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/cosmoquestx – follow and subscribe!
- Become a Patreon of CosmoQuest https://www.patreon.com/cosmoquestx
- Become a Patreon of Astronomy Cast https://www.patreon.com/astronomycast
- Buy stuff from our Redbubble https://www.redbubble.com/people/cosmoquestx
- Join our Discord server for CosmoQuest – https://discord.gg/pVGXJDUKud
Don’t forget to like and subscribe! Plus we love being shared out to new people, so tweet, comment, review us… all the free things you can do to help bring science into people’s lives.