Listen on Libsyn / Subscribe to the Show
This week we welcome Dr. Paul Halpern, professor of physics at the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia. His new book, Flashes of Creation: George Gamow, Fred Hoyle, and the Great Big Bang Debate, brings to life one of the greatest clashes of ideas in the history of science.
Dr. Paul Halpern is a professor of physics at the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia and the author of seventeen popular science books, including The Quantum Labyrinth, Einstein’s Dice and Schrodinger’s Cat, and Synchronicity. He is the recipient of a Guggenheim Fellowship and is a Fellow of the American Physical Society. He lives near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
And don’t forget to get your own copy of Flashes of Creation from your favorite book retailer!
This Week’s Journalists and Their Stories
- Allen Versfeld: Giant Exoplanet Upsets Theories on how Planets Form;
- Dr. Nicholas Castle: Water in Equatorial Mars? | How Quickly Did the Moon Cool?
The Weekly Space Hangout is a production of CosmoQuest. Here are some specific ways you can help:
- Subscribe FREE to our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/cosmoquest
- Subscribe to our podcasts Astronomy Cast and Daily Space where ever you get your podcasts!
- Watch our streams over on Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/cosmoquestx – follow and subscribe!
- Become a Patreon of CosmoQuest https://www.patreon.com/cosmoquestx
- Become a Patreon of Astronomy Cast https://www.patreon.com/astronomycast
- Buy stuff from our Redbubble https://www.redbubble.com/people/cosmoquestx
- Join our Discord server for CosmoQuest – https://discord.gg/pVGXJDUKud
Don’t forget to like and subscribe! Plus we love being shared out to new people, so tweet, comment, review us… all the free things you can do to help bring science into people’s lives.