Listen on Libsyn / Subscribe to the Show
Welcome back to another season of the Weekly Space Hangout! In our season’s premiere, we are excited to welcome back to the show our good friend Dean Regas from the Cincinnati Observatory! Dean has just released his new book How to Teach Grown-Ups about Pluto which is a light-hearted guide to Pluto’s discovery and demotion that puts KIDS in charge! You can view the trailer for the book on YouTube and learn more about it – including how to get your own copy – here.
Dean is a renowned educator, author, national popularizer of astronomy and an expert in observational astronomy. He has been the Astronomer for the Cincinnati Observatory since 2000.
From 2010-2019 Dean was the co-host of the PBS program Star Gazers. He is the author of five books including “Facts From Space!” and “100 Things to See in the Night Sky”. Dean is a Contributing Editor to Sky and Telescope Magazine and a contributor to Astronomy Magazine, where he won 2008 “Out-of-this-World” Award for astronomy education. Dean has written over 160 astronomy articles for the Cincinnati Enquirer, blogged for the Huffington Post and is regularly featured on television and radio. Dean is a frequent guest on National Public Radio’s Science Friday with Ira Flatow and NPR’s Here & Now. He also hosts an astronomy podcast called “Looking Up!”
Dean has developed his skills as a dynamic writer and public speaker who brings the complicated field of astronomy down to Earth for students of all ages.
This Week’s Journalists and Their Stories
The Weekly Space Hangout is a production of CosmoQuest. Here are some specific ways you can help:
- Subscribe FREE to our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/c/cosmoquest
- Subscribe to our podcasts Astronomy Cast and Daily Space where ever you get your podcasts!
- Watch our streams over on Twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/cosmoquestx – follow and subscribe!
- Become a Patreon of CosmoQuest https://www.patreon.com/cosmoquestx
- Become a Patreon of Astronomy Cast https://www.patreon.com/astronomycast
- Buy stuff from our Redbubble https://www.redbubble.com/people/cosmoquestx
- Join our Discord server for CosmoQuest – https://discord.gg/pVGXJDUKud
Don’t forget to like and subscribe! Plus we love being shared out to new people, so tweet, comment, review us… all the free things you can do to help bring science into people’s lives.